...EIGHTIES PINAS...

...EIGHTIES PINAS...
GIMIK Month for 80's Warpback
Bagets is to the 80's as GIMIK is to the 90's.. As ABS-CBN granted the wish of many, let us relive the 90's thru one of the best barkadas during that era--Gimik!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

link: click VIDEO 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to WATCH
thanks to ayaotd for the upload


"Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this story- (throws powder onto the fire) The Tale of..."


Eighties kids did really enjoy the eighties but I bet all 80's kids will agree that we still had a blast during the 90's. One of my favorite foreign tv programs is this, Are You Afraid of the Dark. I used to watch this all the time in ABS-CBN back in the days where cable tv is still for the rich. This was when my parents were still both working so they had to stay out sometimes even late at night so it was only us, my siblings, who were at home.

My brother and sisters were not fans of horror stories, more so horror movies. But I was. I love the thrill of watching one and then trying your best not to flinch or scream when the scary scenes are on. In our street, there used to be a vacant lot right before the very first house from the entrance.

It has a mango tree that gives shade when it's sunny. It's a perfect place for midnight society wannabe's. Me and my friend were planning to meet there and tell scary stories that we know of but my father found out about it and forbade me to. Our father loves telling horror stories. For him, the best time to do this is when the electricity is out. Remember Cory days with long hours of brown out?

I will never forget his story about this place they went to when the company sent them to visit one of their electric powerplants. They were housed in an old hotel, given they went to a far away province (I forgot where). He told us that his co-workers love staying out at night. Our father doesn't. So one night, when his friends were out of the hotel enjoying the night he experienced one of the scariest experience one can ever have.


There were talks among them that the bathroom at the end of the hallway is haunted. Some say they sense something or someone inside one of the cubicles. Others say they can hear heavy breathing but can't find where it's coming from.
Since almost everybody's out, my dad went to the bathroom to take a bath before sleeping. It so happen that one of his colleagues was there brushing his teeth. Then, as they were doing their business they heard someone close the door of one of the cubicles. After my dad finished his bath he went out and his colleague was also almost done brushing and cleaning his face. Another co-worker entered and he was in a hurry to take a pee. My dad and his colleague both informed the man that he has to wait because someone was inside the cubicle taking a leak. They waited for minutes. Now, my dad said he became curious of who the person was inside the cuble. He said even his colleagues were curious as well. According to him he felt like they were all thinking about the "talks" about the bathroom. One of his colleagues can't hold his curiosity anymore and so he asked "Matagal ka pa ba, pare?". No one answered. Then he pushed the door of the cubicle and it opened...

...no one was inside. My dad and his colleague both wondered. Who came in and shut the door? The next night, my dad's friends went out again. He was left alone in the room. He was already lying in bed when he felt someone was breathing behind him. He also felt that someone was lying in the bed too. He is not the type who would jump up when he's scared because he is good at controlling his fear, my dad slowly got up from the bed (didn't see anyone on the bed) and went out. He was so curious of what had happened in the room that he started to find out what's really going on in the hotel. He can still hear the breathing. It's as if someone is dying. My dad said it was the kind of breathing that an old person who is so sick does. He went to the hallway, passed the bathroom and he found the room for the hotel's caretakers. My dad said the caretakers were a small family, an old parents and two children. He often saw the dad but never the mom. My dad said the old man told him that his wife is sickly so she rarely gets out of their room. During their stay in the old hotel, my dad used to see the old man with his children always cooking something in a big pot in the yard infront of the hotel every night in the late hours.

When he reached that room the breathing grew louder. As quiet as possible, he slightly opened the door to see what or better yet who was inside. There she saw a very very old lady, naked, lying on the bed, hunched like a baby and she was heavily breathing. The old lady was almost bald and she was as pale as a ghost. My dad slowly walked away from the room and by the time he reached the bathroom he came across with the old man on his way back to the room.


My dad said he got scared after seeing that. Who doesn't? After telling us the story, still the electricity is out, he told me and my brother to get back to our room to sleep. He said that we should not fear things that we cannot see. In short, my brother and I slept in our room that night fearing for our lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up, I want to subscribe for this webpage to get latest updates, so where can i do it please help.

my web page weight loss
My site :: weight loss

80's Pinas said...

Hi! On the left side/panel of this page you will see the icon that says FOLLOW or JOIN THIS SITE. Click on that and you'll be able to follow this blog! ;)

Thank you very much for reading my blog and for wanting to follow it. I'll check out your web page soon! I bet you have lots of interesting things to share as well! Enjoy your day! :D